At Conestoga we have many clubs that students can be a part of. Some meet before school and some meet after school. Each has a Staff Advisor who supervises and facilitates the club.
Tech Team is a group of 6th, 7th and 8th graders who meet together once a week before school to learn about all kinds of different aspects of Technology.
Here are some of the things that they have been doing this past year.
- Sphero programing
- Taking apart PC towers to see what is inside and to prepare for them for recycling
- Metal recycling event to raise money for tech team and our school Makerspace
- Video making, including learning how to use a green screen
- Simple computer game programing
- Chromebook repairs
- Classroom technology troubleshooting (projectors, printers etc....)
- Helping other students with their chromebooks
- Learning the basics of CAD and 3D printing.
One of our greatest focuses is to help with technology needs throughout the school; whether in the classroom or in the gym setting up for an assembly, Tech Team is here to help.
GSA clubs, or GSAs for short, are student-run organizations that unite LGBTQ+ and allied students to build community and organize around issues impacting them in their schools and communities. GSA clubs have evolved beyond their traditional role to serve as safe spaces for LGBTQ+ youth in middle schools and high schools, and have emerged as vehicles for deep social change related to racial, gender, and educational justice beyond individual schools.
Our schools GSA club meets once a week.
STAFF ADVISOR: Webb Thomas