School Learning Plan
Conestoga Middle School
As a part of a diverse community, we strive to build a culture of belonging and engagement for all students. This begins by a focus on building community; with staff, students, and parents. We believe in building positive relationships and supporting students to meet high academic standards, while also embracing the whole child and allowing students to develop social and emotional skills.
Through a new advisory curriculum, we are focused on building teacher and student capacity in SEL (social-emotional learning). These soft skills help students to manage their own emotions, solve conflict, and create connections with their peers and our staff. Additionally, our use of AVID strategies schoolwide is accomplished through advisory with a focus on use of student planners and organization.
We believe that through quality and engaging instruction, all students will grow and find confidence in themselves as active learners. Through our long standing capacity as an AVID school, with the majority of staff being AVID trained, as well as focus on engagement strategies, we consider ways in which we can create learning opportunities focused around the needs of our students. Through each of our courses, students are able to process and make meaning for themselves, see their identities and lives through the curriculum, and ultimately find depth in their learning.
Date of Last Revision: November 18, 2022
District Goal: WE empower all students to achieve post-high school success.
WE Expect Excellence
- WE teach students knowledge and skills for our evolving world.
- WE seek, support, and recognize world-class employees.
- WE engage students with a variety of relevant and challenging learning experiences.
- WE create learning environments that promote student achievement.
WE Embrace Equity
- WE build honest, safe, and inclusive relationships with our diverse students and their families.
- WE provide needed support so that every student succeeds.
- WE work and learn in teams to understand student needs and improve learning outcomes.
- WE partner with our community to educate and serve students.